Travel Approval using FIORI

Lalitha Sankaran lalisan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 10:59:58 EST 2014

Hi All,

We are doing a prototype to check if we can integrate FIORI App with
the existing T&E approval workflow.

Currently we have the approval as a 2 step process -
Step 1 - Approval task  - which is a user decision task
Step 2 - Set trip to Approved - Based on the user decision, this step
changes the status of the trip, this is done in the foreground , so as
to retain the approver name in the trip history.If we make this a BG
task, the approval in the trip history ends up being WFBATCH.
This step uses the std method BUS2089.Approve

This is working fine for Non-FIORI approvals, but for FIORI, the
second task is not getting executed automatically , but is waiting for
the approver to execute it. The approver is the same for step 1 and
step 2. So it usually gets executed automatically. Not sure what is
preventing this.  And need to get this resolved to implement FIORI.

Any inputs or suggestions please.

Thank you
Lalitha