Purchase Order Approval:Organizational Unit

Kjetil Kilhavn list.sap-wug at vettug.no
Thu Feb 27 08:12:03 EST 2014

Onsdag 26. februar 2014 18.35.03 skrev Swathi Devireddy:
> We have a simple Purchase Order Approval Scenario. We have different
> Business Units (E.g Manufacturing/Finance). Based on the Amount of the PO
> it should goto the person for approval. E,g                     0
>   -  5000$ --                           - Manager
>                  >5000$          -10000$ -                             -
>                  >Director
>                 >
>                 >10000$             -
>                 >   -Senior Director
> If amount is greater than 5000$ its 2 level approval
>
> We want to maintain an Org Unit for this approval process. How can we
> maintain the amounts in Org Units. Suppose amount is 6000$ it will go
> directly to Director.Also want to avoid Z table creation as much as
> possible.

I am not sure what you mean by "want to maintain an org unit for this approval process".

> I have created Org Units for Each Business Unit and defined the hierarchy.
> Any idea where I can maintain this amounts also to control the flow.

Assuming you have your organization structure in place - whether that is a full organization structure or one
with only the people who may be chosen as approvers you can solve this without maintaining any amount
limits outside the classifications which determine the relevant release strategy.

Create release codes corresponding to the required authorizations, and check if the user you identify has
authorization for the release code that needs approval. If the authorization check fails, climb the
organization hierarchy and check the authorization again. Continue until you reach the CEO if necessary -
the CEO must be authorized to approve everything, as the authorization to approve is normally delegated
from the CEO to lower level managers up to certain limits.

--
Kjetil Kilhavn / Vettug AS (http://www.vettug.no)