SRM7 ACW - Restart Workflow (WS14500015) for Item Based Approval

Ramki Maley rmaley at erpworkflow.com
Tue Dec 9 07:49:47 EST 2014

Hello Wuggers,

We are upgrading from SRM 5.0 to SRM 702 SP10. We had decided to stay
with ACW as change capability in item based approval is not available
nor switching to change (completion) mode after an approval step.

BAdI BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI implemented to trigger WS14500015 for item
based approvals and BBP_WFL_SECUR_BADI to provide the change capability
at the required levels. However, the workflow never restarts even when
security level is set at 2 (always restart). The restart works as
expected if I use a document level approval process (WS10000129 - One
Step approval of shopping cart). On debugging I found that the function
module BBP_PDH_WFL_CHECK_RESTART is never executed for item based
approval both in the 5.0 and 7.02 systems.

 1. Is this a known issue/behavior? (I haven't been able to find any
    documentation).
 2. Has anyone successfully implemented the restart for item based
    approval in ACW (even in a 5.0 environment)? if yes, please let me
    know how it was done.

A strange thing I noticed in my debugging, BBP_WFL_SECUR_BADI gets
executed 3 times when a user starts the approval process in the 702
system whereas it only gets executed once in the 5.0 system. Not sure why.

I have posted this issue on SCN <http://scn.sap.com/thread/3665988> as well.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ramki.