AW: AW: WebFlow service user

Wegert, Volker volker.wegert at helios-kliniken.de
Tue Aug 5 03:49:19 EDT 2014

Kjetil,

In my opinion, the ABAP type C is not even close to a C char (unicode support, TYPE c LENGTH 10, ...), not mentioning that C does not know anything like a 'STRING' (only pointers to shoot yourself into arbitrary parts of your body with and some clever library functions that can find out where the value 0 - is unless the developer forgot to put it there). My point is that if you call the function directly (without DESTINATION l_rfcdest), an implicit type conversion from the C literal takes place - the function module works as expected, even with 'MY_EVENT'. As soon as you add DESTINATION l_rfcdest, the implicit conversion works differently and the function module only gets 'M'. Took me a while of fiddling with the new debugger to find out about this.

  Volker