Display Image as a attachment in Approval Workitem - FIORI

michael.mcley@daimler.com michael.mcley at daimler.com
Fri Apr 4 14:50:21 EDT 2014

Lalitha,

Here is something I got from the WUG a few years ago on this topic.  Maybe it will help you.  I can't remember who it was, maybe Florian?

Note from WUG on GOS attachments

yes and no, as it is depending on what you address to be a "GOS object",

but most of the times, they are, indeed, related to a BOR business object.

In the case of a scanned invoice image, it's not the SOFM type, but IMAGE

what you need to look for.

Whenever you're able to retrieve an instance of such a business object

(BOR or ABAP-OO-Workflow) you can add this to the predefined workflow

container element _ADHOC_OBJECTS. In this case, all such object will

appear as links on the work item display.

In order to get something more "running", such as performing the

.Display() action of the IMAGE, you'll also need to assign it to a single

workflow container element, e.g. "Image" and maintain the "Methods"

section of the particular workflow step and choose under "Before methods":

Image.Display() and the scanned invoice will show up, every time a user

clicks on the work item.

So the real question is: How do you find out, which objects are assigned

or visible via GOS, and the second one is, how to get an instance of that.

And the answer is, that it depends on the object type again :-) , what

wonder, as the relationship is provided by the GOS-object itself and it

may be stored at any place in the database.

In the case of Attachments, they are stored either in the

SAP-Office-Folders or in the linkage tables of SAP ArchiveLink. For the

latter one you may use ARCHIV_GET_CONNECTIONS with your existing targeted

object that you hold in your workflow. The result must then be put into

any kind of instantiation process for the object type IMAGE. This could be

one of the wizard's step of generic instantiation, or, as you need to make

at least one custom background step anyways, you can perform both action

in that one step, returning the leading IMAGE instance.

Michael McLey
MBUSI - IT Parts & Administration
Mercedes-Benz US International, Inc.
1 Mercedes Drive