[RMX:WL] Re: Check Function Module - how to stop duplicate WF trigger

Kjetil Kilhavn list.sap-wug at vettug.no
Wed Oct 2 07:28:17 EDT 2013

Tirsdag 1. oktober 2013 09.52.34 skrev Ernst, Karsten:
> Hi Sheldon,
> thanks for the hint with the note and especially the SWEC.
>
> Currently we only have set the flag for CREATE in the respective object.
Do you have RELEASESTEPCREATED entries in SWEC for creation of other object
types? I suppose you don't, otherwise there should always be two events, even
for POs that are not adjusted.

> Nevertheless the system issues the event after a change to the PO as well.
> What we do is the following.
> After the  creation of a purchase requisition of a certain scenario we call
> a function module which transfers the purch.requistion into a PO using FM
> 'BAPI_PO_CREATE1'.
> For some cases we need to do some adjustments to the
> just created PO and we do this after the document is available on the
> database using FM 'BAPI_PO_CHANGE'.

> Unfortunately the adjustment we need to do is not possible to be set in the
> initial CREATE step.
Hmmm… I hear what you are saying, but I don't see any evidence ;-)
What you are saying is that there is some random magic between your call to
BAPI_PO_CREATE1 and your call to BAPI_PO_CHANGE - I call it random magic
because you claim that it is not possible to perform the adjustment in the
initial step - which is only really true if something unpredictable happens
during creation.

> And it looks like the 'BAPI_PO_CHANGE' is causing the system to create
> another BUS2012.RELEASESTEPCREATED event. In my opinion this should
> not happen according to the setup in SWEC .
In general the event can always happen after a change, because the change may
lead to a new release strategy, or reapproval of an already released PO may be
required after the change. However, not every change should lead to the event,
so I think you need to investigate it further. Implementing a check function
can cause problems when there really *is* need for a new release workflow.

 Sent: Monday, September 30, 2013 4:56 PM
> To: SAP Workflow Users' Group
> Subject: [RMX:WL] Re: Check Function Module - how to stop duplicate WF
> trigger

> Hi Karsten,
>
> I believe many of us have encountered this before.  You may need to remove
> config in Transaction SWEC.
 Please review SAP Note 797775, and you can

 To:
> "sap-wug at mit.edu<mailto:sap-wug at mit.edu>"
> <sap-wug at mit.edu<mailto:sap-wug at mit.edu>> Date: 09/30/2013 10:35 AM
> Subject: Check Function Module - how to stop duplicate WF trigger
> Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu<mailto:sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu>

> Hi everybody,
>
> I have quite a strange but interesting question I think to the experts in
> the group.
 Due to the pre-processing setup the PO event

--
Kjetil Kilhavn / Vettug AS (http://www.vettug.no)