Alternative plan version for workflow execution

Kjetil Kilhavn list.sap-wug at vettug.no
Wed Jun 12 20:26:17 EDT 2013

Onsdag 12. juni 2013 23.30.29 skrev Evangelos Pournaras:
> I have a requirement to use an alternative Organizational Management plan
> version for workflow agent determinations - ideally this should be applied
> to specific workflow templates.

It can be done, but you have to take care of it yourself. I think you will
have to use rules for agent determination, and modify the standard evaluation
function module to use the alternative OM plan (if the import parameter you
add in your modification does not say the default plan should be used).

> Is this something that can be done? Searching through the web I found that
> PLOGI/WORKF in table T77S0 could do the trick for all workflow definitions;
> though it is completely undocumented, and in SAP marketplace it is mentioned
> only in one note (104111) as a test function not to be used.

I've never experimented with this myself, but the GET_PLVAR function module
returns two plan variants, and I have always assumed that if one set up an
alternative plan for workflow that plan would be returned by GET_PLVAR.
It would be interesting to know what you find out. For instance, if you set an
alternative plan and specify that the agents for a step is an organization
unit, will the search help display the organization structure of your workflow
plan variant or that of the the standard active plan variant.

Good luck to you, and please update us on your findings.

--
Kjetil Kilhavn / Vettug AS (http://www.vettug.no)