Need help ASAP

Kjetil Kilhavn list.sap-wug at vettug.no
Wed Jul 10 05:14:31 EDT 2013

Mandag 8. juli 2013 11.13.03 skrev Stephens, Monique S L:
> We added a new release code for purchase orders.  I tested the workflow
> thoroughly (or thought I did).  Any PO's already out there that did not
> complete the workflow process are stuck.  PO's that are supposedly blocked
> in Purchasing are showing blocked at a different release level.  Is there a
> program I need to run when new release codes are added to the mix?
>
> We have release codes at the following levels:  Grants, Finance, and then
> Purchasing.  A PO that is blocked in Purchasing is showing blocked at the
> release code for Grants instead.

Let me take an educated guess. You added the new release code to existing
release strategies, and instead of appending it at the end of the release code
list you inserted it between the two existing release codes?

If my guess is correct you did this because the new release code should be the
second one released (or they are released in parallell and you did it anyway).

You *can* fix it by changing your release strategy and appending the release
code at the end. Use the release prerequisites matrix to control the order of
release. However, I would not recommend it unless this is an error correction
for a solution which was just recently introduced in production, so read on.

The release status is (as you perhaps know already) stored as a flag field (8
characters, each is either space or X) in EKKO. The status flags are mapped to
the list of release codes. That is, in EKKO, there is no knowledge about which
release codes have been approved, only the indexes of the release codes. When
changing existing release strategies it is therefore possible to really screw
things up for existing documents.

The proper solution is to create a new release strategy, because when you add
a release code to the existing release strategy all already released purchase
orders will show inconsistent information (at least if all three release codes
must be approved to release the purchase order).
If you want to avoid old purchase orders from being reset due to innocent
changes because a new release strategy applies you must add a characteristic
with reference to document date or creation date in order to apply the new
release strategy only to the new documents.

--
Kjetil Kilhavn / Vettug AS (http://www.vettug.no)