SWFVISU WebDynpro - application as paramater

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Wed Jul 3 03:21:35 EDT 2013

Hi Robert,
You can pass whatever parameters you need to DYNPARAM but that's usually for the parameters passed to the application itself.
The difficulty might be in getting the UWL to launch the correct application, but its theoretically possible.  An alternative is to pass it as a container element of the task.
Remember SWFVISU is only used to generate the UWL XML file entry - you can always override it in your custom UWL XML file.

Give it a go but I don't promise anything.

Just thinking an alternative may to be to use a Task Expression to solve the problem - i.e. have a task for each application but use the Task Expression field on the workflow step to default in the correct task for the correct application using a workflow container element.  Then your SWFVISU would still have 7 different tasks, but your workflow would only have one task at design time.
Just a thought... as that's how I would approach it personally... i.e. work with the existing functionality rather than counter to it.
Up to you though.....
Regards,
Jocelyn