How to control return to workflow from Custom Form?

David G Cooper davidgcooper06 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 00:18:43 EST 2013

Hi Fellow Workflow Developers,

I have a requirement to present the decision maker with a Accept/Reject
decision, and on reject force a mandatory input for the reason.

1)   I noticed on SAPtechnical a tutorial which would suit.  But this
functionality is not available in the ECC6 system I have available.

Tutorial www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/Workflow/UD/index.htm

System Component Information

SAPKA70017 - Cross Application Component

SAPKB70017 - SAP Basis Component

SAPKIPYJ7H - PI_BASIS 2005_1_700

a.   Question: In what release for ECC6 is this functionality available?

2)   In the mean time I am trying to develop a Custom Form with a single
Input being a text field.

a.   How to force the screen presented to not return control to the workflow
if the reject button is pressed and no reason is provided?

Thanks for taking the time to read and answer.

Kind Regards

David Cooper