How to transfert completed workitem

stephane s.bailleul at free.fr
Sun Aug 25 10:07:44 EDT 2013

Hi,

Here is what I found out for my issue (getting the outbox of
user[executed item] after changing the user id in the system).
In SRM there is a POWL working with the class CL_IBO_INBOX_FEEDER_WI so
basically inside it in the method get_objects (from IF_ POWL )
there is a possibility to copy this class into a a specific one and to
get the outbox of the [old] user id when asking for the one of the new
user id

(it is calling the FM SAP_WAPI_CREATE_OUTBOX for executed [workitem
folder = 4]) that is where you can include a function (or BRF+ function)
to call first get the user former USER ID and then to call the function
with this former USER ID.

In our case we have chosen to update the table SWWLOGHIST on the field
method user (this is the one used in the FM to create the outbox)
For this I have created a persistent class both to query the table and
to update (set) the field.
We have chosen this option because we don't want the POWL to take too
much time to load and we didn't want to have a table till the end of
time with user ID and former user.

I hope that will help someone in the future.
Cheers
Stephane