Problem while calling a standard SAP transaction inside workflow

michael.mcley@daimler.com michael.mcley at daimler.com
Fri May 25 13:56:21 EDT 2012

Srini,

I haven't seen any responses, so I'll take a stab at it...

Regarding your first issue, I would think that depends on how the
transaction is being called.  Are you using one of the standard methods
from BUS2028?  Have you created a custom method with a bAPI or BDC call
transaction?  Is this a decision dialog that branches to a post method? It
isn't clear from your description of the problem.

Regarding issue 2, we had a similar workflow with a similar requirement
(except involving invoices instead of inventory documents) and I used 2
tricks to fufill the requirement.
1. In the workflow I made a loop that checked a container variable
(BUS2081-STATUS) after the posting transaction was called.  This status
variable holds the actual status of the invoice (parked, saved, posted,
etc....).  based on this check, if the invoice doesn't have a status
posted, I loop back and recreat the work item.  Otherwise I fall through
and exit the loop.  I don't know what attributes or key fields BUS2028
has, you may need to create a custom background method that checks the
status of the document and sets the flag.
2. As parallel branches to the main workflow, I have created wait steps
that wait for events to be generated from outside the workflow.  In my
case I wait for the BUS2081.DELETED and POSTED events.  If these wait
steps are triggered, the workflow is bypassed and ended.  This way if a
user posts a document from outside the workflow, another user will not
have a work item in their inbox telling them to post this document.

I hope at least the answers are relevant to your questions ;-)

Have a good day!!!!

Michael McLey
MBUSI - IT Parts & Administration
Mercedes-Benz US International, Inc.
1 Mercedes Drive
Vance, AL 35490
PHONE:  (205) 462 - 5239
EMAIL:   michael.mcley at daimler.com

ootasrinivasreddy at gmail.com
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
05/24/2012 06:35 AM
Please respond to
sap-wug at mit.edu

sap-wug at mit.edu
cc

Subject
Problem while calling a standard SAP transaction inside workflow

Hello Experts,

I am facing a strange issue in my workflow development. The workflow will
be started after clicking on POST button in the standard transaction MI04.
I have used the standard  event created from the business object BUS2028
for starting the workflow. After starting the workflow I am calling the
standard transaction MI07 in the very first step which will be sent to the
approver. Once the approver clicks on POST an email will be sent and the
document will be posted.

Issue 1) When the user manually goes into the SAP transaction MI07 , opens
a document and clicks on back, cancel or exit buttons. The transaction is
working as desired but the same thing  when the same user does from
executing the work item the transaction is not working as desired. A
pop-up screen with YES, NO and CANCEL buttons and also a message  whether
to SAVE before exit is displayed. Even though if the user clicks on NO
button the document is getting posted. No idea what is going wrong with
the method calling the transaction MI07.
Issue 2) Once the users does this process. The work item is getting
completed. But the requirement is, work item should be available as the
POSTING is not completed. Here how can I put the work item in ready status
after completeion. Once the users executes the work item the work item is
getting disappeared.

Where am I doing wrong?

--
Thanks and Regards
Srini..

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your cooperation.