Workflow approval message 'No administrator found' [Scanned]

Amit Parwani (Absoft) aparwani at absoft.co.uk
Thu May 3 08:01:12 EDT 2012

Hi All,
I have a purchase order workflow, which when user attempts to approve, gets the following message:
>From SBWP -> 'No administrator found'
>From extended notification -> 'You are not the receiever of workitem'

I have checked the following:
1. Checked that the workitem is a general task
2. Ensured that the user is actual recipient for the workitem, i.e. it is not being forwarded to him by someone
3. Tried SWU_OBUF
4. Tried SAP Inbox -> Settings -> WF settings -> Refresh organization assignment
5. Compared the authorisation of this user with another one who can approve the workitems without any problems.

Any ideas/pointers as to what I might be missing with regards to this one user who is not able to approve? One thing that I notice from SU53 is that when the user tries to approve, he gets an authorisation failure for Tcode SSC0, but since his authorisation is the same as another user who can approve, I have ruled that out for the time being.

Kind Regards,
Amit