Issue with secondary method after execution

Srinivas Reddy ootasrinivasreddy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 05:09:23 EST 2012

Hi Experts,

I am facing a strange issue with the secodary method, After execution
in the user decision step. The requirement is as follows.

The user will a  receive workitem with 2 buttons. 1) Proceed with
changes and 2) Cancel button. Note: Cancel button is SAP default.

Case 1) When the user executes the workitem in SBWP and decideds to
make changes, he will click on Proceed with changes button and  the
workflow wil show the relevant document on the CV02N screen. He can
make changes and save the document and the subsequent steps in the
workflow will trigger.
Case 2)  If the user is not willing to make any changes at the
moment.He will click on CANCEL button and the workitem should stay in
his inbox.

For the case 1 I have  assigned  EDIT method from the DRAW standard
business object as a secondary method choosing AFTER EXECUTION. This
case is working fine.

The problem is with the case 2. If the user clicks on Cancel button
still the CV02N screen is displaying and then if the user clicks on
back button the workitem is comming back to his inbox. I guess in both
the cases the EDIT method assigned as AFTER EXECUTION is triggering.
How to bypass the EDIT method triggering when the user click's on
Cancel button.

Kindly help me in fixing this issue.

Thanks and Regards
Srini..