tRFC Errors in SWU2

Shaurya Jain jain.shaurya at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 14:59:48 EDT 2012

DB Error -9999

Regards,
Shaurya

On Jun 25, 2012 9:39 PM, "Mike Pokraka" <wug at workflowconnections.com> wrote:

> Error message?
>

> On 25 Jun 2012, at 06:36, Shaurya Jain <jain.shaurya at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear Experts,
>
> We are facing a problem with tRFC errors related to workflows.
>
> Many times in a day we receive users complaint in following areas:
>
> They have actioned the work item from their inbox but work item is not
getting removed from their inbox.
> PM Notification created by user but workflow did not get triggered for
the CREATE event.
> PO/PR release happened for a particular release code but workitem not
delievered to next responsible agent.
> and many more like this.......
> Such cases are not happening always & most of the times things go fine.
>
> When I investigated in this issue more I found that tRFCs are in error in
SWU2 log for TCodes ME54N, ME29N, IW21, etc. If I manually execute these
LUWs then the respective problem gets resolved as the activity for database
update happens & things move as they have to. So I have a workaround to
resolve the problem temporarily.

> But I am still not able to find the root cause for this problem. Even my
Basis team is not able to help me out in this case. On checking the System
Setting from Information menu in SWU2/SM58 I found that values for
parameters Connection Attempt [No.] is set to 30 & Attempt Interval [Mins]
is set to 15.