passing T100 message details to OO exceptions

Paul.Bakker@osr.qld.gov.au Paul.Bakker at osr.qld.gov.au
Tue Jun 19 02:54:51 EDT 2012

Hi,

Following on from my previous post, I've now successfully implemented
temporary OO exceptions, but I do not like the generic message reported in
the workflow log:

 	'Temporary exception triggered in business class XYZ'.

Is there an easy way to pass the SY- message details to the exception
object, so that the log shows instead:

	'Contract abc is locked by user PAULB'

At the moment I have this (very) simple code:

  if sy-subrc = 1.
* stop now with a temporary locking error
    RAISE EXCEPTION TYPE CX_BO_TEMPORARY
       EXPORTING TEXTID = CX_BO_TEMPORARY=>CX_BO_TEMPORARY
               CLASS_NAME = 'ZCL_MR_FORM_BUNDLE'.

Surely I don't need to create my own exception class - this must be a
common requirement ?

thanks again,
Paul Bakker

Only an individual or entity who is intended to be a recipient of this e-mail may access or use the information contained in this e-mail or any of its attachments.  Opinions contained in this e-mail or any of its attachments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Queensland Treasury.

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged and the subject of copyright.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify Queensland Treasury immediately and erase all copies of the e-mail and the attachments.  Queensland Treasury uses virus scanning software.  However, it is not liable for viruses present in this e-mail or in any attachment.