Workflows in Retail

Mike Pokraka wug at workflowconnections.com
Thu Jun 7 02:38:47 EDT 2012

Helle Brenda,

I have done some workflows in this area, most were more client-specific rather than IS-Retail, such as managing articles across different systems.

Promotions are probably the biggest workflow business case, as they need pricing/review/approval cycles before being rolled out into stores.

Also pay attention to WF in interfaces as these tend to be rather high-volume. You don't want the standard IDOC workflow tasks kicking off if you get 12 million IDOCs erroring on a Friday afternoon just before a busy weekend. Trust me on this one!

Hope that helps,
Mike