EHP5 - change to handling of decision link in extended notifications

Hilsbos, Margaret A Margaret.Hilsbos at dayzim.com
Wed Jun 6 11:22:06 EDT 2012

Greetings,

We are implementing EHP5 for our SAP system (SAP ECC 6.0). In our test environment we see a major change to how user decisions are handled. Previously, when the user clicked "Approve" in an email notification, a bsp page opened with a simple message, something like "Decision executed with option 'Approve'".  (The user had to log in if they didn't have an active session already, but then the approval was executed and they got a success message.)

Now, with the upgrade to EHP5, in our test system if a user clicks 'Approve' in the email, they get a screen that shows the entire work item text, with 'Confirm' and 'Cancel' buttons at the bottom. The message at the top tells them they need to confirm their decision.

The new screen is a significant change to the user interface which we're not prepared for at the moment. (We put a lot of information in the work item text. So user has to scroll to get to the buttons. Especially on a mobile device. And users are not expecting to have to click again.)

Upon further research, I think that SAP made this change without providing a configuration setting. (A comment in the code gives a hint to that effect.) I think we need to create a custom enhancement to suppress the confirmation. I just submitted an OSS message to hopefully get SAP's view on this.

Does anyone have any experience with this situation?  If so, did your company consider it a problem, and what did you do?

Otherwise, consider this a warning, if EHP5 is in your future.

Thanks and regards,

Margaret Hilsbos