trying to use subclass in workflow, but superclass is instantiated

Paul.Bakker@osr.qld.gov.au Paul.Bakker at osr.qld.gov.au
Tue Jun 5 21:17:49 EDT 2012

Hello WUG OO experts,

As time goes on, I'm gradually switching my new workflow developments to
OO, just to see what the benefits are.

Anyway, I have just run into a strange problem. I have defined a superclass
ZCl_CLASS and a subclass ZCL_SUB_CLASS.

The subclass inherits all the methods of the superclass, and you can
redefine them, which is good. However I've noticed that you can't redefine
the critical method BI_PERSISTENT~FIND_BY_LPOR, because it is a 'static'
method.

This causes a big problem when I start a workflow containing a
ZCL_SUB_CLASS object, because I've found that FIND_BY_LPOR instantiates an
object of type ZCL_CLASS in the container!

The workflow therefore runs into an error when it tries to execute
ZCL_SUB_CLASS->MY_SUBCLASS_METHOD... it reports that the method does not
exist.

I must be doing something wrong.. but what is it?

merci,

Paul Bakker

Only an individual or entity who is intended to be a recipient of this e-mail may access or use the information contained in this e-mail or any of its attachments.  Opinions contained in this e-mail or any of its attachments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Queensland Treasury.

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged and the subject of copyright.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify Queensland Treasury immediately and erase all copies of the e-mail and the attachments.  Queensland Treasury uses virus scanning software.  However, it is not liable for viruses present in this e-mail or in any attachment.