Issue with attaching pdf in work item

Ibrahim ikhansap at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 07:06:34 EST 2012

Dear Friends,
  I am trying to attach Adobe form output to a work item and send it in for
approval. I have converted the Adobe form output to binary format inside
the program and passed it to the workflow container while starting the
workflow and then inside the workflow i used the below method code to
convert the binary to xstring format and then attach it to the workitem.
But when I open the attachment from business workplace I am getting an
error that "*There was an error opening this document, the file is damaged
and could not be repaired*". I tried to debug the method and everything
seems to be fine, even I check the Adobe output by sending it as an email
attachment and I am able to open the same Adobe form attachment in the
email. So I suspect that I am doing something wrong while converting the
same in the workflow. Please advise what would be wrong with the below code.

 DATA:  wid TYPE swwwihead-wi_id,
            op_len TYPE wsuser-wsuserinstanceno,
           it_solix_tab TYPE solix-line OCCURS 0.

 DATA : zswr_att_header TYPE swr_att_header,
           zswr_att_id     TYPE swr_att_id,
           lo_sofm TYPE swc_object,
           zxstring TYPE xstring.

 swc_get_element container 'WID' wid.
 swc_get_element container 'OP_LEN' op_len.
 swc_get_table container 'IT_SOLIX_TAB' it_solix_tab.

 CALL FUNCTION 'SCMS_BINARY_TO_XSTRING'
   EXPORTING
     input_length = op_len
   IMPORTING
     buffer       = zxstring
   TABLES
     binary_tab   = it_solix_tab.

 zswr_att_header-file_type = 'B'.
 zswr_att_header-file_name = 'Attachment.pdf'.
 zswr_att_header-file_extension = 'PDF'.
 zswr_att_header-language = 'EN'.
 BREAK-POINT.
 CALL FUNCTION 'SAP_WAPI_ATTACHMENT_ADD'
   EXPORTING
     workitem_id = wid
     att_header  = zswr_att_header
     att_bin     = zxstring
  IMPORTING
    att_id      = zswr_att_id.

swc_create_object lo_sofm 'SOFM' zswr_att_id-doc_id.
swc_set_element container 'SOFM' lo_sofm.