Event Queue constraints

Edward Diehl edwarddiehl at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 6 09:37:04 EDT 2011

Transaction SWEQADM

It appears that the background event delivery schedule is generic; that is, I can't set a different number-of-events/time schedule for individual event linkages.

Am I overlooking something?

Has anyone out there dealt with this?

The problem is I have two totally different classes of workflows in terms of execution performance.
1 - Lots of events (thousands) coming in through an interface with changes to the material master, mostly for adjusting purchase reqs and purchase orders, and
2 - A smaller number of personnel change events that trigger VERY complex workflow(s) with lots of database updates.

1 - needs to process 50 - 100 events at a time with a 5 min queue read interval.
2 - needs to process 1 event at a time with a 15-20 min interval.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Thanks,
Ed Diehl