WF-BATCH on different systems with different email adresses using CUA

Mad ABAPper madabapper at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 12:23:31 EDT 2011

NOTE: This topic was discussed in SAP-WUG Digest, Vol 72, Issue 39
(November 17, 2010) with no real solution.

We use CUA to manage users across our SAP production systems (ECC, BI,
GTS, SRM). There are numerous workflow processes executed on a daily
basis from each of these instances which are delivered to the SMTP
email address of the responsible users. Additionally, the vast majoity
of standard SAP (and our own custom) tasks and messages do not include
system/client identifying details.

Ideally, we would like to manage the email addresses of WF-BATCH to
include a concatenation of SAP system ID and client which would
require configuration changes to CUA, as well as, manual input on the
various systems. Our CUA team has denied this approach.

The objective is to provide our end users with an easy way to
determine which system has sourced a particular message in their email
inbox. Has anyone figured this out?

Regards,

MadABAPper