Universal Worklist - TS20000166 (purchase order release) and SWFVISU

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetil.kilhavn at bluec.no
Fri May 20 09:11:18 EDT 2011

 Fredag 20. mai 2011 06.55.12 skrev Dart, Jocelyn :
> Hi Kjetil,
> So you've taken away a user decision task or WebDynpro app?
> And replaced it with a SAPGUI task...
Yes, I have taken away a user decision task and replaced it with the SAP
standard task. The old solution circumventet authorization controls and didn't
handle rejections properly.

> SWFVISU is a possibility.
> You could also use the UWL XML config and use the function module launcher
> to call the relevant BAPI to release the PO. You might need to create a
> wrapper function module to simplify it a bit... but that approach works
> ok. You could even allow mass approval with the checkbox options (check
> out the standard WorkItemApprovals view).
Thank you very much for the tip. The function module launcher looks like a
good alternative although I haven't finished reading all about it yet. I think
a wrapper to check authorizations will be necessary, otherwise I'm afraid
anyone who get the task will be able to release - and it will be possible to
forward to other possible agents who are not necessarily authorized for the
specific release code.

Now I just have to get authorization to see the UWL, authorization to do some
administrative work on it, and acceptance for such a solution. The last bit
should be the easiest. Someone here decided only managers should use UWL, but
I should be able to get access in development and test systems. Administration
could be the toughest part as the UWL is federated from a central portal in
another country.

--
Kjetil Kilhavn (+47 40220607)
Blue Consulting AS (http://www.bluec.no)