Issue with new step in workflow

Sample, Rick Rick.Sample at graybar.com
Tue May 10 09:46:40 EDT 2011

Bhupinder,

#4, for instance. Say you are going to extend Sales Order BUS2032. You create zBUS2032 based on BUS2032 and then delegate zBUS2032 to BUS2032 via the Delegate menu. Does not delegate automatically. You can have ONE delegated. If you have more, you need to do something different as a work around, but does not 'sound' like the case here.

If it is properly delegated, it won't matter. (Delegate loosely means extended in real OO).

The Object Type in task container should be BUS2032. Not zBUS2032. You can name the container variable anything you want, but it is of type BUS2032. Not your extended zBUS2032. The Element name can be anything, but I keep it simple and just call it what it is, BUS2032 so not to get confused later.

When you test the method in SWO1, you are using zBUS2032 but WF will know it is delegated (if it really is) by using BUS2032.

Clear as mud?
Rick