Launching WDA items from Extended Notifications

Sanjay9 P sanjay9.p at tcs.com
Wed Mar 16 09:19:10 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have tried to launch WD application from extended notification but its
not working.
I have maintained only SWFVISU.

Can anybody suggest what needs to be maintain in WD_HOST ( SWNCONFIG ) ?

Sanjay Pal
Asst System Engineer
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: sanjay9.p at tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.   IT Services
                        Business Solutions
                        Outsourcing

From:
Ramki Maley <rmaley at erpworkflow.com>
To:
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
Date:
03/10/2011 07:27 PM
Re: Launching WDA items from Extended Notifications
Sent by:
sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu

Thanks Jocelyn. I wasn't sure if SWFVISU would still work in a non UWL
environment.

Regards,
Ramki.

On 3/9/11 11:12 PM, Dart, Jocelyn wrote:
> Ramki,
> If you enter the WebDynpro application for the task in  transaction
SWFVISU Task Visualization and in transaction SWNCONFIG General Settings
set up the field WD_HOST, then Extended Notifications will generate the
work item execution links for you, provided you have selected the work
item execution link in your subscription parameters of SWNCONFIG.

> This works even if you aren't using the UWL and doesn't need any coding.
>
> Regards,
> Jocelyn

Of Ramki Maley
> Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2011 3:47 AM
> To: SAP Workflow Users' Group
> Subject: Re: Launching WDA items from Extended Notifications
>
> Mike, apologies for the drifting and thanks again for separating the
> issue and your valuable suggestions.
>
> Best Regards,
> Ramki.
>
> On 2/25/11 11:40 AM, Mike Pokraka wrote:
>> Hi Ramki,
>>
>> We've drifted way off topic into specific problems so I changed the
>> title...
>>
>> Had a quick look, can use SAP_WAPI_GET_METHODS to derive whether it's a
>> webby item and SAP_WAPI_LAUNCH_URL_GET is self-explanatory.
>>
>> That's the easy bit, the extended notification part can get a tricky.
>> Haven't worked with it for a while but from memory I think you may need
>> do an enhancement. CL_SWN_NOTIF_WORKFLOW is a good starting point.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Mike
>>
>> On Fri, February 25, 2011 4:12 pm, Ramki Maley wrote:
>>> Mike, great ideas. I will look into them. I am under severe time
>>> constraints and was thinking in the lines of your first suggestion.
>>>
>>> Many Thanks,
>>> Ramki.

Window'

WDA