Workflow background task using a DIA work process?

Mike Pokraka wug at workflowconnections.com
Mon Mar 14 06:40:18 EDT 2011

Hello,

You are confusing batch (BTC) and background (RFC). An RFC call uses a
dialog process. Fro this reason you should avoid long-running background
tasks.
There's nothing stopping you from putting a SUBMIT statement in your
method to delegate processing to a (BTC) job, your tasks needs to be
asynch and the job must signal the task via terminating event when it has
completed.

Regards,
Mike