PPOME - Update Position assignments in Production box

Wilbert Mulleners w.mulleners at pyramid.nl
Thu Jun 9 02:57:32 EDT 2011

What we usually want to achieve and do implement is:
- maintain structure (organizational units, positions, ...) on Devl system
and transport to QAss/Prod system
- assign users/holders to positions on each system/client since not all the
users are created throughout the system landscape plus we do not want to
overwrite these assignments by transport requests

How to configure this:
- Transaction OOCR (PD Transport Connection)
TRSP CORR should be set to space (= Automatic Transport)
so all changes have to be included in a request
- Transaction OOTR (Transport Lock for Infotypes/Subtypes)
Include an entry for Object type S (Position) Infotype 1001 (Relations)
Subtype A008 (Holder)
so assignments of users/holders are skipped when the request is imported on
a QA/Prod system

When you assign users on a non-customizing client, indeed you get a message
that changes are not allowed. This is not consistent to the settings but the
assignments are saved (and they should).
The named setting in OOTR is a one-time change which you have to transport.
When importing any subsequent transports with changes to Organizational
Management, the assignment of users/holders to positions are skipped, that
is, existing assignments of these kind are not overwritten.

You do not need to make a change to the settings in SCC4, that would not be
appreciated at all.
Unlike the message you are not allowed to, changes are saved! The setting in
OOTR is of no relevance here.

Regards,
Wilbert Mulleners