Parallel branch won’t complete

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetil.kilhavn at bluec.no
Mon Jun 6 09:28:24 EDT 2011

 Mandag 6. juni 2011 03.30.45 skrev Margaret Jaco :
> I have a fork with two branches. Each branch has a task in it with a
> deadline. The deadlines are reached and the tasks complete but the fork
> never completes and the workflow stays in "process" mode. Both tasks have
> Processing obselete activated.
I think the most common problem in these cases is incorrect setting for how
many branches that must be closed before the fork is closed.
Since you write that both tasks have complete I think that is not the problem
in your case. However, you write that both tasks have the "Processing
obsolete" activated. What happens when the deadline is reached? Is the task
status set to "Completed" or is it marked as obsolete. If both tasks are
obsolete none of them are completed, are they? Thus, even if only one branch
is required to close the fork that requirement will not be met.
You need to model your flow differently. Just how depends on your solution
requirements.

Disclaimer 1: Insane disclaimers will be removed and certainly not adhered to.

Disclaimer 2: I will not feel bound by a disclaimer at the bottom of an e-mail
telling me that I should not read the above. Where I live, we start reading at
the top of the page.

Disclaimer 3: If you send me an e-mail in error I am not to blame for it and I
am definitely not going to spend my money on an international telephone call
to tell you that you sent the e-mail to the wrong address. Nor is it likely
that I can be bothered to take the time to reply and tell you that you sent it
to the wrong address.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn (+47 40220607)
Blue Consulting AS (http://www.bluec.no)