SARA not working as expected on retrieval of WF container

Sample, Rick Rick.Sample at graybar.com
Fri Jan 7 06:53:30 EST 2011

Hi Eddie!

Customer Message: 14926 / 2011

In class CL_SWF_CNT_PX_CONTAINER->INSTANTIATE, if no valid BOR object can be instantiated, it gets caught in an infinite loop in the below code. No matter how you slice it, getting stuck in an infinite loop should not be allow. Simple fix.

***** pick up all contob-lines belonging to this id.*
IF l_contob_index <= l_contob_max. <---- Since no BOR, this will never work!
DO.
 …

*** RLS: when it calls the method that gets the contob, that is when the counter gets mucked up. Can't create an instance since the data is gone for the BOR.

ENDDO. " pick up objects.

Reproduce:
SARA->Read->Execute.
Enter the BOR object that can no longer be instantiated for an WF that is archived off. <zWhatEverBOR>, key, execute.
Then, navigate the the Container tab and it will hour glass.

I have example in RD0-110 and show & tell is quick.

Thanks,
Rick
ECC6 SAPKB70015