WDA & ABAP Objects - Percent of WF'ers using them?

Ramki Maley rmaley at erpworkflow.com
Fri Feb 25 10:13:03 EST 2011

Mikko, thanks for a great reply. I fully agree with you. I too have been
using ABAP-OO to create new objects, new methods for existing BOR etc.

I am in a situation where the users want WebDynpro and don't want
anything to do with SAPGUI. The client does not have EP. We have built a
simple WDA application and used WF_EXTSRV to generate a task for it.
This works fine when executed from the SBWP. The issue is when an email
with Execute Workitem link is sent to Outlook using Extended
Notifictions. Since the link executes Txn. SWNWIEX, the 'Close Window'
screen is opened first in SAPGUI/browser and then the WDA is launched.

Is there any way to launch the WebDynpro from the email other than
actually putting the URL in the workitem description?

Thanks,
Ramki.