ABAP Objects - Percent of WF'ers using ABAP OO? ( zip zilch nada ZERO people using ABAP OO with WF? )

Sangvir Singh Sangvir.Singh at hcl.com
Fri Feb 25 00:27:26 EST 2011

Hi All,
I  am using combination of both ,BOR objects and classes  in my workflows. I have been using them for a while, and what I have experienced is, it's a good practice to use a complete class for an object e.g. Plant if it's a totally new object that you are creating. However, If a BOR equivalent is already present, I will prefer using standard BOR object with standard methods and events, however won't delegate it. Any customization or extra method that is required is accomplished using static methods of workflow class. Also functional methods are of great help, as they replace background methods having single export parameter very well and reduce overheads  of background methods.
So I am using benefits of both, not inventing a new class to completely replace an existing BOR object, however reaping all the benefits of classes too.

Thanks and Regards,

Sangvir Singh
HCL Technologies Ltd.
A-91, Sector 2,Noida 201301, U.P. (India)
Tel  : +91-120-4613500  Extn. (2827)
Mob: +91-9212019197
www.hcl.in<http://www.hcl.in/>