WI with requested start - waiting status not changed

Ernst, Karsten Karsten.Ernst at fhp-ww.com
Mon Feb 14 02:55:42 EST 2011

Dear WF-colleagues,

I am working on an approval procedure where I would like to process the 2nd release step automatically in case certain prerequisites are fulfilled.
Unfortunately the checking for the prerequisites is done so quickly, that the task for the 2nd release step is created within the same second the 1st approval step is done. This leaves the PO still locked when the 2nd WI wants to access it, which makes the 2nd approval step to end up in error.
To solve this I have defined a 'requested start' for the 2nd task to suspend the start for one minute:
                Refer.date/time               WIS Work Item Creation
                Date                                      %DATUM%
                Time                                      %TIMLO%           +1 Minute

The correct start time is calculated in the run-time environment but unfortunately the workitem is not leaving the 'waiting status'.
Is there any report, WF system setup or background job which is checking the 'waiting workitems' and activating them at due time?

Any help or info is highly appreciated.

Best regards
Karsten

Freudenberg Haushaltsprodukte KG