Starting a Workflow Using an Adobe Interactive Form

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Tue Aug 23 03:44:01 EDT 2011

Hi Kim,
Yes definitely a candidate for workflow.

Simplest way to trigger the workflow from the Adobe form is to use an online form - i.e. wrap it in a Web Dynpro ABAP application and call it from there e.g. by calling SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT or similar.

Alternative is to start as an offline form (outside of the system), set up a web service in your ABAP system, and use a button with a Javascript in the form to call the web service.

Regards,
Jocelyn