Contextual decision text in user decision step

Chabbra, Inderpreet inderpreet.chabbra at effem.com
Thu Aug 18 20:26:03 EDT 2011

Hi Edward,

Yes, in this case I will keep the same path. Here is one of my scenarios

One of the user decision steps in my workflow has these four options

User decision header text
"Enter company code data for the vendor request"

Decision options (Buttons)

1.       Edit company code data

2.       View general vendor data

3.       View pOrg data

4.       Task Completed

Idea is to embed this user decision within until loop so that agent can keep working on this WI until they explicitly choose "Task completed". This obviously gives them full control over the WI completion which is our requirement.

Now the first time a user gets this WI, there is obviously no company code data - which has multiple fields and is stored in a structure container element - attached to the request.
So until the key fields within the company code data structure are filled in, I want to keep displaying "Add company code data" on the 1st button. But once the key fields have been entered and the user has not yet marked the WI completed, I want to start displaying "Edit company code data" on the 1st Button.

You are right, if I wanted a different path I will have to have multiple decision steps. This is more like a "Dynamic decision options" while the above scenario is like "Dynamic decision option texts"

Regards
Inder