Workflow item only to be completed from the Portal

Mike Pokraka wug at workflowconnections.com
Tue Aug 2 07:14:05 EDT 2011

Hi Tim,

Sorry if not clear, I meant you can create a new task based on a
class/method and then link your portal app to this task. When executed in
the portal it will launch your app, when in the backend it will execute
the code.

You could create it as a BOR method, but I find WF classes quicker and
easier for this type of thing. All you need is a class that implements
interface IF_WORKFLOW so that it can be used in a WF task. Make sure that
you implement all the interface methods (can be empty if you only create
static methods), create your launcher method PORTAL_ONLY_WEBSERVICE or
whatever and plug into task.
In your method you'll have the momentous chore of writing perhaps two
lines of code, something along the lines of:

message 'Please lauch this task from the portal' type 'W' display like 'E'.
" (Or use a popup window of sorts)
raise exception type CX_BO_CANCELLED.

The exception CX_BO_CANCELLED has exactly the same effect as the user
cancelling out of a WF step.

Hope that helps,
Mike