Executing workitem as external service

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Tue Apr 19 02:27:56 EDT 2011

Hi Markus,
Are these existing workflows????

NW BPM Processes are deployed as web services from the beginning.  From NW BPM 7.3 there is also a BPM API which allows external execution of work items, and extraction of the worklist to an external inbox.

SAP Business Workflow is proprietary technology and is not deployed as web services nor is there a simple mechanism for external execution.
However if you are using the UWL as your worklist you could look at the UWL API to provide extraction of the worklist and external execution of work items.  If not, then you are talking a lot of work using SAP_WAPI function modules... not a happy option for this sort of requirement.

Regards,
Jocelyn