How 2 read attachments from archived workflows?

Joe_Toledo@capgroup.com Joe_Toledo at capgroup.com
Mon Apr 11 16:57:29 EDT 2011

Hi there Hari,

I had exactly the same requirement at my previous employer.

Let me describe the scenario:

We had a workflow process to create invoices, and during the processing of
the invoices via the workflow  there were several "rounds" of attachments
notes made by different people during the "life" of the workflow.   We
were also archiving workflows and discovered (and it was confirmed by SAP,
at the time) that attachments created during the workflow process were not
archived along with the workflow tables (swwwihead, swwloghist, etc...)

These notes were deemed very important to the business since most of note
attachments were very relevant to the process (why was it being held,
internal notes, need for info, etc... etc...) and were often reviewed for
audit purposes.

The way I got around it was by "moving" or "relating" those attachments
created in the workflow to another object using GOS (Generic Object
Service) techniques.   I actually gave a presentation on this at ASUG a
few years ago (around 2005-6 or so.)    In our case this worked very well
because every workflow had a business object created that we could
"attach" these notes to, which is usually how they got to the archived
workflow log anyway.

Let me know if this sounds like it may work for you and I'll see if can
dig up the presentation on that.

Regards,

Joe Toledo | The Capital Group Companies
Location: IRV | Extension: 55417 | Outside: 949-975-5417
E-mail: joat at capgroup.com
[ Mailing: 15260 Valley Oak. IRV-M-3E Irvine, CA 92618 USA ]