BRF Workflow - SRM Shopping Cart Approval at item level

Raja raja_mahamani at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 19:33:18 EDT 2011

Hello All :
This issue (rejection ) has been resolved as suggested by Thomas , Dale and
Ramki.  Thank you everybody.

The other issue , shopping" approval status" is not resolved. I raised an OSS
message with SAP and they came back and said this is a standard behavior .

--------------------------------MESSAGE FROM
SAP----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Raja,

Apologies for the delay, the message was just assigned to me.
I have checked your requirement internally. Actually this what you want
to achieve is not available on the standard SRM system. This behavior ispresent
Since previous releases like SRM 5.0 i.g.

The item level workflow does not work with separeted WFL for each item
but with a main WFL for the entire document.

You can check also in the sap help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/en/a3/a6a34098022a54e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm (it
 is AC WFL but it is the same behavior for PC
WFL as the PC was created instantiated on the AC) - Which says:

The SRM item based WFL means the separate determination of approvers forall
individual items. Determination of approvers is only possible on
item level. A separate approval of items is required.

The shopping cart is only transferred to further processing (ordered)
after the entire approval process has been completed(Items that require
no approval are not ordered immediately independently of the items
requiring approval, but wait until the entire approval process has been
completed.)

I am also attaching a document about PC WFL which can be maybe helpful
to you.

Thanks again for all your time and help.

Regards,
Raja