Issue with the attachment's of work item

srinivas ootasrinivasreddy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 08:53:25 EDT 2010

Hi Experts,

In my work flow I have a requirement where in I need to add an existing
smart form as an attachment to my workitem. For this I have a created a BOR
method which will convert smart form otf data to xstring via CONVERT_OTF
function module and then pass the return XSTRING file to the function module
SAP_WAPI_ATTACHMENT_ADD. I could see the workitem in SBWP but when I try to
execute the work item is going error status (Workitem not executable) and
when I click on attachment I am getting a pop-up message "this file does not
have a program associated with it for performing this action.create an
association in the set associations control panel " .

 I also see in SWI2_DIAG the following error messages.

Work item 000001042120: Object DECISION method PROCESS cannot be executed
Method container for work item cannot be created
Method container for work item cannot be created
Unable to instantiate object '_ATTACH_OBJECTS'
Error handling for work item 000001042120

Below is my BOR method code and please let me know where I am doing wrong.

begin_method attachment changing container.
data:func_mod_name type rs38l_fnam.

data:
output_options type ssfcompop, " optional part of
t_otf_from_fm type ssfcrescl,
wa_control_parameters type ssfctrlop, " optional part
tt_otf type table of itcoo,
ts_otf type itcoo,
lt_solix_tab type solix-line occurs 0,
zxstring type xstring,
w_bin_filesize type i,
w_bin_file type xstring,
tt_pdf_tab type table of tline,
ts_pdf type tline,
lv_wi_id type swr_struct-workitemid,
ls_wi_id type swwwihead-wi_id,
ls_header type swr_att_header,
zsofm type swc_object,
ls_att_id type swr_att_id.

swc_get_element container 'lv_workitem_id' ls_wi_id.

call function 'SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME'
exporting
formname = 'ZTEST_CFG'
* VARIANT = ' '
* DIRECT_CALL = ' '
importing
fm_name = func_mod_name
* EXCEPTIONS
* NO_FORM = 1
* NO_FUNCTION_MODULE = 2
* OTHERS = 3
.
if sy-subrc 0.
* MESSAGE ID SY-MSGID TYPE SY-MSGTY NUMBER SY-MSGNO
* WITH SY-MSGV1 SY-MSGV2 SY-MSGV3 SY-MSGV4.
endif.
wa_control_parameters-no_dialog = 'X'.
wa_control_parameters-preview = 'X'.
wa_control_parameters-getotf = 'X'.
output_options-tddest = 'LP01'.

call function func_mod_name
exporting
* ARCHIVE_INDEX =
control_parameters = wa_control_parameters
MAIL_APPL_OBJ =
MAIL_RECIPIENT =
MAIL_SENDER =
output_options = output_options
user_settings = ' '
importing
DOCUMENT_OUTPUT_INFO =
job_output_info = t_otf_from_fm.

tt_otf = t_otf_from_fm-otfdata.

call function 'CONVERT_OTF'
exporting
format = 'PDF'
max_linewidth = 132
* ARCHIVE_INDEX = ' '
* COPYNUMBER = 0
* ASCII_BIDI_VIS2LOG = ' '
* PDF_DELETE_OTFTAB = ' '
* PDF_USERNAME = ' '
importing
bin_filesize = w_bin_filesize
bin_file = w_bin_file
tables
otf = tt_otf
lines = tt_pdf_tab.
ls_header-file_type = 'B'.
ls_header-file_name = 'FORM'.
ls_header-file_extension = 'PDF'.
ls_header-language = 'EN'.
lv_wi_id = ls_wi_id.

call function 'SAP_WAPI_ATTACHMENT_ADD'
exporting
workitem_id = lv_wi_id
att_header = ls_header
* ATT_TXT =
att_bin = w_bin_file
DOCUMENT_OWNER = SY-UNAME
LANGUAGE = SY-LANGU
DO_COMMIT = 'X'
importing
* RETURN_CODE =
att_id = ls_att_id.

swc_set_element container 'ZATT_ID' ls_att_id.
swc_set_element container 'ZSOFM' ls_att_id-doc_id.

ZATT_ID is the exporting paramter with type SWR_ATT_ID.
ZSOFM is the exporting parameter of object type SOFM.

--
Thanks and Regards
Srini..