SENDTASKDESCRIPTION fails when Position is empty

Rick Bakker rbakker at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 23:22:58 EDT 2010

Howdy Gurus,

I'm encountering:

Work item xxxx: Object yyy method SENDTASKDESCRIPTION cannot be executed

when the address string passed to a SELFITEM SENDTASKDESCRIPTION
includes an empty Position.
It's easy to resolve from SWI2_DIAG (remove the position from the
container element), but I can't say I expected this behaviour. It
certainly doesn't happen when the address string of a workitem
includes an empty position.

If you've seen this - any comments? Is it a bug?
If you haven't - please keep in mind when developing workflows.

We're on ECC 6.

cheers
Rick Bakker
hanabi technology