PR MOdification

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetil.kilhavn at bluec.no
Fri Nov 19 08:12:17 EST 2010

Onsdag 17. november 2010 21.00.28 skrev Stephane Bailleul:
> Hi all,
>
> On an ECC6 system, We are using release strategy on PR with a only one
> step with user exit we are determining dynamically according to the
> amount of the PR the unique approver.
> At creation, or release it is working fine.
>
> However for modification there are some complication,  when the PR is
> not yet approved.
What is the complication?

> First I noticed that the changes (like price modification or quantity
> modification) were not triggering a new release strategy (of course
> there is only one now with one step !!)
> So in transaction SWEC I used the event significantly changed on update
> with some criteria relevant for our workflow,
>
> Then I noticed that creating a new line item was not considered as a
> change on the PR, so was not triggering the event significantlychanged
> event ....so the release strategy has the right approver but not the
> workitem ...
>
> Do someone have a workaround ? a way to trigger the change event or
> significantlychanged event for the Pr in order to restart the workflow ?
There should not be a need to restart the workflow when the release strategy
is unchanged. If the approver is not the same because the amount has changed,
I'd say the release strategy is not the same.

I'd say this boils down to underutilisation of release strategies, and misuse
of the customer exit for release agent identification. I'm struggling with
maintenance of such a solution myself, and when I get a chance that solution
will be "archived" and a new solution implemented where different release
strategies in the real world are reflected by different release strategies in
the system.

There's more to a release strategy than the number of approvers.

--
Kjetil Kilhavn (+47 40220607)
Blue Consulting AS (http://www.bluec.no)