Race condition in a workflow

michael.mcley@daimler.com michael.mcley at daimler.com
Thu Nov 11 09:16:50 EST 2010

Mike,

Oooh, that sounds like a good idea!  Would you mind elaborating a little
more on the "conditions job" (its name, a program name, something...)?  I
guess this is something I should look for in SM37, just not sure what to
look for...

I am using task conditions in this workflow, but these are "complete work
item" conditions that will cause a step to be bypassed (completed) if that
step is not relevant for this instance of the WF (for example, we don't
need higher levels of approval if the dollar value of the invoice isn't
that big...).

Thanks for your help.

Michael McLey
MBUSI - IT Parts & Administration
Mercedes-Benz US International, Inc.
1 Mercedes Drive
Vance, AL 35490
PHONE:  (205) 462 - 5239
EMAIL:   michael.mcley at daimler.com

wug at workflowconnections.com
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
11/11/2010 05:18 AM
Please respond to
sap-wug at mit.edu

sap-wug at mit.edu
cc

Subject
Re: Race condition in a workflow

Joe's suggestion is good, but if your archivelink WF is too generic then a
less kludgey version of your option 3 is to use a step condition to ensure
adhoc objects exist.
If you haven't used them before: Conditions tab on the first step that
uses adhoc objects; and make sure the conditions job is running.

Cheers,
Mike