User Container input after execution of work item

michael.mcley@daimler.com michael.mcley at daimler.com
Thu Nov 11 08:52:32 EST 2010

Mike,

Thanks for the input.  I am currently experimenting with something like
that now - using a "forms" step.  Since a form can do a direct workflow
container modification as default behavior - this seems to be close to
what I was looking for.  I found a structure that has the F4 user search
help which is what they need in order to find the correct user ID based on
first name / last name.

Now I just need to find a simple way of putting a "US" in front of the
user ID ;-)

Michael McLey
MBUSI - IT Parts & Administration
Mercedes-Benz US International, Inc.
1 Mercedes Drive
Vance, AL 35490
PHONE:  (205) 462 - 5239
EMAIL:   michael.mcley at daimler.com

wug at workflowconnections.com
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
11/11/2010 06:15 AM
Please respond to
sap-wug at mit.edu

sap-wug at mit.edu
cc

Subject
Re: User Container input after execution of work item

Hi Michael,

Not sure if you're still on a mission with this one, but my solution in
these scenarios is to have a user decision following the step, and both of
these in a loop.
Advance in dialog switched on means the decision pops up after user exits
transaction. Choices: Continue editing, Finished, Select new agent. On the
select agent outcome, you can use the "Select agent" wizard to generate an
appropriate task that will popup an agent list (you can
copy/modify/butcher this if you need a different list).
Obviously you will also need flags/conditions/agent lists etc., but I
trust you get the idea.

Cheers,
Mike