exception in class and passing of parameters

Mike Gambier madgambler at hotmail.com
Thu May 20 04:48:40 EDT 2010

Jocelyn,

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate anymore. ABAP was adjusted some time ago to return EXPORTING, TABLES and CHANGING parameters in FMs or ABAP Class Methods even if you raise an exception.

We have several examples of where an Exception is thrown and we can still trust the value of an Exporting 'Error' flag or Application Log instance as well.

The flaw highlighted by Robert I think is buried in the way the value being received is being bound (or not) into the Method container.

Mike GT