Procurement Release Process - Licenses and users for releasing managers

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Wed May 19 03:58:12 EDT 2010

Hi Karsten,
Usually the litmus test for whether or not you need SAP users is whether or not what those users do impacts the data in your system.  In other words, sending out - probably not, sending in - probably needs license, even if sent in under a generic id.

So yes you may need licensing and yes you do need to discuss it with your relevant contacts at your local SAP office.
In such a scenario the users will usually only need a limited license and there are many options for this.

You may even find they are already covered under your existing license depending on what type of license has been negotiated for your site.

So I'd strongly suggest you at least ask the question officially so that you know your legal position.

As to the rest - yes you can have employee ids with email addresses and no user ids. No you don't need Duet - although you should at least consider that option as it could make your scenario a lot easier.

You should also consider NW BPM as a potential option.  Although again you don't need this,  there's an offline Adobe form scenario that is similar to what you are suggesting.  There was a good teched presentation on this (BPM263 I think was the session id).

Regards,
Jocelyn