Reg:Logical deletion of the step in the workflow

Mike Gambier madgambler at hotmail.com
Fri May 14 11:20:35 EDT 2010

Hi,

Steps can be logically deleted in Branches & Forks because of End Conditions and also via other Process Control steps (Cancel Work Item, Cancel Workflow, Cancel Workflow including all Callers and Complete Workflow) which may be defined elsewhere in the same WF Definition.

They can also die if their Parent Workflow is itself terminated or logically deleted by its Parent, i.e. a SubWF forced to end by a Parent WF.

They can self-terminate if the steps point to Tasks that have terminating events.

And steps can be manually deleted too of course by people with enough access to do so.

It's unlikely that the step decided to delete itself. It's more likely that something terminated it in a controlled way because it was no longer required.

The Step History tab in the Workflow Technical log should be able to tell you what happened in your particular case.

Regards,

Mike GT