Approval workflow for custom field

harishraj harishraj2805 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 23:41:28 EDT 2010

Hi Friends,

Apologies for weird question, any help / suggestion / direction appreciated.

My requirement is to enable approval process for custom field (there are
more than 50 fields) in material master. We are planned to include the
custom fields in standard table as append structure, and we want to store
the value in intermediate storage until it gets approved. For this scenario
we have two options:
1. Creating a custom form / screen for entry / change and approval of custom
field and setting display only in material master (MM01, MM02).
2. Enabling entry in material master and storing the value in intermediate
storage and separate transaction to approval to view the changed value and
original value. If it is approved then moving changed value from
intermediate storage to actual table.

Please advice which one would be good or is there any other best solution
can be implemented for this scenario.

Thanks
Harish