Singe-Sign-On With Extended Notifications

Ali Husain mr_mago40 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 16 07:14:26 EDT 2010

Hey guys,

Ok guys, last question for this month :)

I have configured the extended
notification in our system but I do not have UWL configured in our system.
However, when I receive the HTML links in MS Outlook via email to either
“Display the workitem” or “Execute Workitem”, it takes me to the Web
Application Server (WAS)  to enter my username and password for the client
to access the workitem. I have asked about whether the SSO (single sign-on) can
be activated for the WAS or not and the answer was NOT POSSIBLE since I am
trying to access my workitem from MS Outlook to WAS. Also, the portal admin guy
in our organization said that if it is throughout portal to be executed, then
WAS can be accessed without entering username or password. Is that true? If not
then how to configure the SSO on WAS by clicking on the link in MS Outlook
email to access my workitem?

Thanks a lot for the help.
Ali