Workitems being created under different usernames

Mike Pokraka wug at workflowconnections.com
Mon Mar 15 10:20:24 EDT 2010

Just to state the obvious: did you switch it off for the previous step?
Failing that, try disabling it at the workflow header just to test.
I vaguely remember having problems in this area before - but that was some
time ago.

Another thing: Don't take the log at face value. It will show you the user
under which it pretends to execute, even though the actual session may
differ. Look at the technical log and switch to the old-style technical
log & expand the steps. Then scroll all the way across to the right and
the column 'User context' will show you the real user.

To further confuse, some bits are workflow aware and will perform auth
checks according to the current workflow agent, whereas others will use
SY-UNAME, which may be different. (But don't always trust SY-UNAME either,
because I've seen SAP code occasionally overwrite SY-UNAME in order to
impersonate dialog users in a bacground process).