Extended notifications and UWL- no notifications created/sent

Hilsbos, Margaret A Margaret.Hilsbos at dayzim.com
Wed Jun 23 11:51:18 EDT 2010

Hi Ramki,

It is a very basic question but a useful one. Yes up to now I have been making the changes in the config client and using SCC1 to transfer to the test client.

But, subscriptions cannot be added to the transport. And the UWL_STANDARD category does not appear in SWNADMIN, so I cannot configure subscriptions there. I guess I have to have the system opened to complete this config? That doesn't seem right ... am I missing something?

For what it's worth - my status so far is that when I configured 'General Settings' with not just the INBOX_LINK_URL but also WD_HOST and WG_HOST, now I get the 'Execute Work Item' link going to the UWL ... but not to the individual work item! Apparently the query string, that workflow appends to the host url, is not correct. And, the user decision links still call the bsp in the backend system, not the UWL.

I have found in the UWL book (by Darren Hague) a piece that describes putting the link to the UWL work item in the task description text. This should work fine but will not solve the question of the user decision links.  I'm hoping that will be solved by getting the UWL_STANDARD category working in the extended notification. If not I will be rather disappointed in spending all this time on it!

Thanks to all for your inputs so far,

Margaret Hilsbos
Business Systems Analyst
Day & Zimmermann, Inc.
(215) 299-5630
margaret.hilsbos at dayzim.com<mailto:margaret.hilsbos at dayzim.com>

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.